- Definition ‘THE BUSINESS” means J C Love Productions Pty Ltd trading as JoJo’s Party Plus, ABN 77137097093, their employees, sub contractor’s or agents. “THE HIRER” means the company or agent of The Hirer. The person who books the equipment warrants that they are either the Hirer or have the authority of the Hirer to book the equipment. “THE EQUIPMENT” means goods hired as they appear on the booking agreement. “THE AGREEMENT” means the Booking Form/Hire Agreement between the Business and the Hirer of the equipment.
- Agreement The Hirer, by placing an order via email, telephone, instore or other means, agrees that they accept the terms and conditions of the hiring agreement. The Business will retain a booking form/hire agreement for the hire of the goods, which the Hirer, or agent of the Hirer, will be supplied a copy of upon request. The agreement does not have to be signed by the Hirer to be a valid legal contract
- Bond / Security. All Hirers, unless prior arrangements are made, are required to offer a valid credit card as security and to reserve hire equipment exclusively. The Hirer authorises the Business to action any charges on that credit card given as security, in accordance with the Business’s policies. The Hirer also authorises the Business to action charges on that credit card given as security in relation to missing, damaged or dirty items.
- Hiring Charges. Unless prior arrangements are made hiring charges are for a 24-hour period. The hiring charges are for the agreed period as per the Agreement. If the equipment is unavailable for pick up or return, the Business reserves the right to charge the Hirer for extra time as per the 24 hour rate.
- Postponement. If the Hirer chooses to postpone the hire of the equipment, cancellation charges will apply. See below.
- Cancellation. If the Hirer cancels the Agreement, the Business reserves the right to charge the following. Outside 30 days of hire date $50.00 processing fee. 22-30 days from hire date 25% of the invoice amount. 21 to 15 days from hire date 50%. 14 to 7 days from hire date 75%. Within 7 days of hire date 100% of invoice amount. The Delivery date is deemed to be the day before the function /booked date, unless otherwise specified.
- Payment– Orders or bookings are confirmed only after a 25% deposit, or the agreed upon deposit amount, has been received. Unless prior arrangement has been made, final payment is due prior to the delivery/pick up date or service date. The Business reserves the right to withhold delivery/service if full payment has not been received prior to delivery/service. RE deliveries: An extra delivery charge may apply if the Business needs to reschedule the delivery or return to the premises once delivery has taken place. Payment options include Cash, EFT (14 days prior to Delivery date), Visa or MasterCard.
- Delivery and Pickup. Delivery charges are quoted upon request and are an extra charge on top of the hiring fee. Quoted charges are for the delivery suburb and for a standard level access of 30 metres to the delivery point from the delivery vehicle. The Business reserves the right to charge the Hirer extra for difficult access which has not been quoted, disclosed or discovered until on site. Difficult access is defined as time consuming factors such as long carry, stairs, obstructions, uneven ground, narrow passage, overhanging obstructions etc. Waiting time is also chargeable @ 25 / hour / person.
- Receipt of Delivery. The Hirer is responsible for being present to accept delivery of the equipment. The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage incurred if He / She arranges equipment to be delivered without being present or without an authorised agent present i.e. The Hirer is responsible for losses or damage resulting from equipment being delivered to an unattended premises or location as requested by the Hirer.
- Positioning/Setting up of Equipment. If The Hirer has booked set up of the equipment The Hirer is responsible for indicating clearly the location of any overhead wires or underground pipes, conduits or other services which may suffer damage occasioned by the transport, assembly or dismantling of the equipment. The Business will take every care, but shall not be liable for any damage to the site, site access, plants or gardens beds, overhead or under ground service or conduit. Once equipment has been set up if it is required to be repositioned The Business reserves the right to charge The Hirer an extra set up fee. In such an event The Hirer authorises the Business to action charges on the credit card given as security.
- Use of Equipment. The Hirer is responsible for checking the quantity of hired items against the invoice/agreement upon delivery and should contact the Business on 0425270843 immediately to advise of any discrepancy or damage discovered. Advice after the function will not be considered as advice and the Hirer will be, liable for any loss or damage to the Equipment.
Damage to Hire equipment during use is the responsibility of the Hirer and the Hirer agrees that repair or replacement charges for damaged equipment will be actioned on the credit card given as security for the hire.
If any time during the hire period the Hirer considers the equipment to be faulty, it is the Hirers responsibility to contact the Business by telephone to report the problem.
The Business reserves the right to repair or replace the faulty equipment as soon as practicable during the hire period. The Hirer should not attempt to repair the Equipment without prior consent of the Business.
Call out charges, relative to the time of day, will be due and payable if the equipment is found not to be faulty as claimed by the Hirer. The business will not be liable for any loss, damage or expenditure incurred by the Hirer due to faulty Equipment for any reason whatsoever. At the end of the hire period the Hirer must stack, clean and pack all equipment as it was when it was delivered to ensure no extra pick up charges are incurred by the Business due to extra time on the pick up. Any equipment broken during transportation due to incorrect packing will be charged to the Hirer.
- Cleaning. A cleaning charge will be applied to all equipment returned dirty @ $60 / hour. This will apply to all hire equipment. Linen and Costumes do not need to be washed, however if they are returned stained or excessively dirty a cleaning fee will apply. All hire equipment, including marquees, linen and costumes need to be returned dry. Any sticky residue on equipment due to tape etc being used on it needs to be removed completely. Any hire equipment unable to be cleaned will be charged to the hirer.
- Insurance. Insurance is the Hirer’s responsibility during the hire period. The Hirer is responsible for the security of the equipment at all times during the Hire period. Any lost, broken, damaged or destroyed equipment will be charged to the Hirer at full replacement value.
- Liability to Third Parties. The Business will not be liable for any claim for personal injury, death, loss or damage to the property however caused unless it is proved that such injury was caused by faulty material, workmanship or negligence on the part of the Business. The Businesses decision is final in all matters relating to these Terms & Conditions of Hire.